Jealous???

Monday, May 18, 2009



















A few months back I began the exciting journey into the world of home gardening, and this week I enjoyed the first fruits of my labor! Take a look at this beauty!'





















That is 100% HOMEGROWN BABY!!!


Here's a look at things to come!










































I started the summer telling myself, "Just tomatoes, I want to focus on JUST tomatoes so that i can devote my full attention to JUST TOMATOES..." Of course, my first trip to the garden center I left with 6 tomato plants and this little beauty...






















One free rosemary bush that is just LOVING the spot that i picked out for it in the garden...

fast forward about a month, and its time to buy tomato cages... One more trip to the garden store and not only do i leave with 6 tomato cages, but I also get...





















Sweet Basil























Sage






















Ivory Bell Pepper






















Yellow Squash





















and Zucchini!


Then today, I was browsing the new Whole Foods that just opened in my neighborhood and came home with these...






















Thyme





















and Oregano!


I think i may have a problem...


...and since I dont want anyone to leave this post thinking that I've been the only one spending time cultivating a green thumb, Here is what Ben has been up to... Erasing the evidence of the 95 lb dog that tore up our yard last summer!




















I really wish I had a before picture with the bald patches, because the new grass he planted is coming in SO nicely!


4 comments:

Amber Ayres said...

well, when are you cooking for us with your new garden ingredients? sounds like an Italian night? Vallerie wants homemade salsa too. so plant what you need for that too.

glad to know someone with a green thumb!

Eric, Amanda and Jarett said...

Hooray... you're back in blog world! I missed you!

Oh, and I'll need some gardening tips from you next summer. My goal for this summer is grass (right now we are the classy people in the neighborhood with a lawn full of dirt). :)

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

Oh my goodness I am so impressed!!!!!!!! Way to go Kelly!!! Now, we will need your help planting a garden in our new backyard!!! Who hoo!!!!!

Mason Fleske said...

So, when is the gazpacho party?