Cake!

Monday, June 30, 2008


























This last weekend I made a baby shower cake for my niece Amanda. Her nursery bedding is pink and green with lady bugs on it, so I went with the theme.

This was one of those fun instances where my dislike of baby showers collided with my love of family functions, and even though I think I drove Ben nuts with my pre-shower anxiety, I can say now that I'm glad I went. The food was good, the company was good, and thanks to an awesome niece hanging out with me in the kitchen, the conversation was not entirely baby oriented... all in all, a successful trip.

You can see a sampling of my other cakes HERE


Enjoy!

6 comments:

the doze said...

You didn't drive me crazy... although, I don't mind if you drive me crazy... as long as I get to sample the cakes. Deeeelicious...

Angela said...

I love ladybugs! That is so cute, as are all the cakes you do. You wouldn't happen to be planning any trips to Utah around the end of July would you? =) A good cake maker is hard to find, especially when you live in the middle of nowhere.

Katie said...

KELLY SHUT UP your cakes are absolutely amazing. I knew you were good but did not know you were that good. WOW.

Unknown said...

i like it. glad you didnt have to talk all baby either!

Hillary said...

LOVED that cake!! So cute and SO good!

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Beautiful CAke!!! Great blog!