Drawrings

Sunday, June 15, 2008
I've always had a fascination with people that can draw... Ben probably had NO idea how well his cute drawings and cards sealed the deal when he was trying to woo me...

I always did well in elementary and middle school art classes, but was too busy to care much about art in High School. Performance became my artistic outlet of choice.

Recently, my love of illustration has been rekindled by two things... by husbands superior artistic skills... and something called "fanart"... This artist being my favorite...

These two things have prompted me to challenge my drawring skills. I followed an online tutorial and created these cute little characters... tell me what you think!













Yes... those would be 5 Harry Potter characters at the bottom (what a dork!)... and a Tinkerbell (so that I could practice a different pose)... plus a few random girls... Ha Ha... not too bad for a novice... It won't be long till I RULE the art world! Mua ha ha ha ha!

10 comments:

cd said...

I think they are way cute...even the HP ones...you big nerd!

Dave and Shana said...

I love them, so cute!

The P Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The P Family said...

Hey Kelly!
I am an artist and believe me, I can honestly say your drawing is great!!! Keep up the good work!

BTW--- do you still like Harry Potter?

Mason Fleske said...

Harry Potter rocks my face off! I don't care if that makes me a dork!!!! I'll shout it from the rooftops...I LOVE HARRY POTTER! There...now, back to your drawings – very cute!

the doze said...

We need to get you a sketchbook. I love these little characters. So much expression on their cute little faces.

Anonymous said...

good work kel-bel! very cute- i like their little arms...those lil wedges...tee hee hee
so where did you go for the online thingy?

Kelly D said...

Yea for all the HP love! Ben can attest that I am unhealthily obsessed...

Yes, i guess i should give my online teacher some free advertisement...

http://chibified.net/tuts-chibi.php

of course, if you go to her site, you have to promise to STILL be impressed with my drawing skills once you see how easy they are to draw...

Emily Malinka said...

dang... I never had any artistic skill! I am quite impressed, you could woo anyone with those drawings (good thing Ben already got you!)

Anonymous said...

You come from a long line of artists. Trust me . . . you do have the talent, you just haven't worked with it yet. But it is there.

Love,
MOM